Want To Plan A Marathon, Walkathon or Bikeathon On The KTCT?
The Kawartha Trans Canada Trail is ideal for holding a special event. We define a special event as any specific activity on the KTCT which is promoted by a third party organization; with or without a fee, which would be intended for more than 25 participants on one date.
To reduce potential for conflict among trail users, other special events and trail maintenance activities a Special Event application must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the planned event. Your application will need to include proof of insurance and detailed plans of the event including which section(s) of the Kawartha Trans Canada Trail you wish to use. The event organizer is responsible for obtaining any required road permits and police notification.
For more information, view the Kawartha Trans Canada Trail Association’s Special Event Policy.
Love Your Trail – Promote Your Special Event:
Local Event Websites:
Ontario Cycling Events:
Want Tips For Organizing An Event Along Your Trail?
Here are a few articles you might find useful as you plan your event along the Kawartha Trans Canada Trail. Please note we are not responsible for the content or any of the advertising in these articles.
- raceentry.com - How to Organize a 5k
- activeendurance.com - How to Organize a Marathon
- active.com - How to Organize a 5k: A Guide to Planning your First Race
- charity.lovetoknow.com - How to Organize a Walkathon
- fundraisingcoach.com - Fundraising for your Next Walkathon
- coolrunning.com - Race Director's Checklist