Dear Kawartha Trans Canada Trail Supporters,
It has been another year with lots of accomplishments thanks to our volunteers, managing partners and Board of Directors.
Here is a list of accomplishments for 2015:
- Held, a very successful first annual Trail-a-thon in May with many volunteers and over 100 students from Mariposa Public School.
- Hosted a Speakers Series. Welcomed Robin Esrock (global adventurer, travel writer, TV producer and international TV personality) in the spring; and Gary and Joanie McGuffin (renowned explorers, conservation photographers, writers and presenters) in the fall.
- Completed and approved the KTCTA Business Plan and Fundraising Strategy.
- Cut grass along the Trail in the spring and late summer. Experimented with a sickle mower. Special thank you to five volunteers and Callaghan Farm Equipment for supporting this initiative.
- Completed new website with easy to use online donation option. www.ktct.ca
- Conducted ~80 trail user surveys.
- Sent out 41 adjacent landowner surveys. Posted report on website.
- Added 20 new names to the Fred DeNure Donor Wall.
- Launched new Five. Five. Five. fundraising strategy in October, with four sponsors signed on already.
Our volunteers continue to do many tasks to keep our trail safe and to maintain its quality, such as bridge decking replacement, grass cutting, painting, sign installation, tread repair, gate and barrier repairs, and the list goes on. Thank you.
If you are able to help out financially please use our new online website donation form. Remember tax receipts are issued for all donations of $20 and above. A donation also makes an excellent Christmas gift for someone who is hard to buy for.
President, Kawartha Trans Canada Trail Association (KTCTA)